About Me

My photo
My real name is Charlie Albright. I am the pinnacle of evil who God has flooded with His mercy. Declaring my sinful self righteous and holy in His sight! Lavishing His grace upon me by the blood Jesus shed on the cross! Carrying me through this life and giving me satiatfing joy! Anything good about me is only because of His grace!

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Worshipping with the Community

As Christians living in 21st Century America, individualism is something that has been ingrained into the mind of the believer. Because of this, we tend to only think of our worship of Christ as a individual pursuit. The aspect of worshipping as a community of believers is either minimized or forgotten. "Worship is something that I am to engage in on my own." Yet this goes against the Biblical teaching of teaching and admonishing the brethren with songs, hymns, and spiritual songs. We do not come together on Sunday mornings to just get by ourselves to worship.

I say all that to just direct your attention to a post Bob Kauflin did on how we are to address each other in worship and what practices hinder the communal aspects of worship. I encourage you to read it. The individualness of worship in America churches gets to me now and them. So, Bob Kauflin is just speaking right up my alley.