About Me

My photo
My real name is Charlie Albright. I am the pinnacle of evil who God has flooded with His mercy. Declaring my sinful self righteous and holy in His sight! Lavishing His grace upon me by the blood Jesus shed on the cross! Carrying me through this life and giving me satiatfing joy! Anything good about me is only because of His grace!

Monday, February 23, 2009

How Great Are My Privileges in Christ Jesus!

How great are my privileges in Christ Jesus!
Without him I stand far off, a stranger, and outcast;
in him I draw near and touch his kingly sceptre.
Without him I dare not lift up my guilty eyes;
in him I gaze upon my Father-God and Friend.
Without him I hide my lips in trembling shame;
in him I open my mouth in petition and praise.
Without him is gaping hell below me, and eternal anguish;
in him its gates are barred to me by his precious blood.
Without him darkness spreads its horrors in front;
in him an eternity of glory is my boundless horizon.
Without him all within me is terror and dismay,
in him every accusation is charmed into joy and peace.
Without him all things external call for my condemnation;
in him they minister to my comfort,
and are enjoyed with thanksgiving.
Praise be to thee for grace,
and for the unspeakable gift of Jesus.



From, The Valley of Vision: Privileges