About Me

My photo
My real name is Charlie Albright. I am the pinnacle of evil who God has flooded with His mercy. Declaring my sinful self righteous and holy in His sight! Lavishing His grace upon me by the blood Jesus shed on the cross! Carrying me through this life and giving me satiatfing joy! Anything good about me is only because of His grace!

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pursuing Manhood

From the Spring Journal of Biblical Manhood & Womanhood, Ray Van Neste, in his article Pursuing Manhood, challenges us young men to grow-up. Not physically, but to grow-up with regards to true Biblical manhood.

Here is his concluding remarks,

The everyday labor with my family is far more heartening and joyful to me than any of those other things. This will have far more impact in God's Kingdom. The everyday, inglorious work I do, the tasks of teaching, training, and changing diapers-that matters far more. For those of you who will marry, this is where you are headed. Manhood is embracing everyday responsibilities, living out commitment, being willing to sacrifice, so that your cultural engagement really happens in your family. The most significant culture you are involved in is your own home, your own church, living out practical godliness . . . with dirt and other items under your fingernails, so to speak. It is godliness in the everyday sphere of life. This is real manhood being lived out.



I was challenged in my own life in reflecting what areas I need to become more of a man. I believe that we as Christian men must always fight to retain what God calls manhood against what our culture presents as manhood.