About Me

My photo
My real name is Charlie Albright. I am the pinnacle of evil who God has flooded with His mercy. Declaring my sinful self righteous and holy in His sight! Lavishing His grace upon me by the blood Jesus shed on the cross! Carrying me through this life and giving me satiatfing joy! Anything good about me is only because of His grace!

Friday, July 4, 2008

100!!!

This is my 100th post. Whahooo! This blog has been up and running since August 5th, 2007. It has been a joy having a venue to post and talk about things that interest me. It has also been a blessing to get a small but faithful readership. I know that I am not the most exciting person (in fact I can get quiet boring at times and take major breaks from posting things) to hang around. I do so appreciate your'alls kindness in sticking with me and taking the time to read what I post. You guys and gals are great!

So, what about the future of this blog? This is a good time to step back and take a gander at what I have been doing with my blog for the past 100 posts.

One of the thinks that really struck me at the Band of Bloggers panel discussion was blogging and ministry. My blog should be a minstry! My blogging as Christians is not to fulfill my own selfish ends. I need to consider my blog not as my own little venue to do what I please and say what I want. My life is not my own (Thank God! I would make such a mess of things if it was) it was brought with a price. And that means that every area of my life is to be in service of the one who owns me. So it is with my blog. My blog is to be for the service of my Christ who cares and governs me. If it is not in His service by increasing the glory of His name then it is of no value. More than that, it is actually an instrument of rebellion! This I do not want! My blog is my Lords blog.

The question then becomes, "How do I best use my blog in service for my Lord?" The way that I have ministered to you so far is by linking to articles and posts I like, posting quotes, and giving my thoughts on a particular subject (And of course some humor thrown in here and there.). All of this aimed to accomplish the title of this blog, Renewing the Mind!

But those are my thoughts. Here I turn and ask you, faithful readers of my blog, what do you think? What would you like seen done with my blog? In what ways can I minister to you through the medium of blogging? would you link to see more links? More of my own thoughts? More quotes from books? Me quit blogging all together? Something I have not throught of doing? Whatever you think can aid in renewing your minds please let me know.

By God's grace, may I complete another 100 post to the glory of his name!