About Me

My photo
My real name is Charlie Albright. I am the pinnacle of evil who God has flooded with His mercy. Declaring my sinful self righteous and holy in His sight! Lavishing His grace upon me by the blood Jesus shed on the cross! Carrying me through this life and giving me satiatfing joy! Anything good about me is only because of His grace!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Going down to Mississippi

I will be down in Mississippi for the next week. I am heading with a group from Immanuel Baptist Church(my church) to Lakeshore, Mississippi to do disaster relief work.

And yes, relief work is still needed down around the coast where Katrina hit. Many people are still without homes and living in FEMA trailers. There are still needs that have to be meet.

Our ties with the city of Lakeshore is Pastor Don Elbourne and his church Lakeshore Baptist Church. He and his church weathered Katrina and became a means for relief work in the town. My church supported them while after the storm and through the process of rebuilding.

Don Elbourne recently preached up here at Immanuel. It was an amazing sermon! It is such an encouragement to hear someone preach on the sovereignty of God that went through such a storm as Katrina.